ScreenUsed is holding their next two-day, quarterly live auction on Saturday, March 19th and Sunday, March 20th. Day 1 will be done online-only, while Day 2 will be happening live at the Silicon Valley Comic Con (running March 18-20). Both will have online bidding as an option. The PDF catalog will include Day 2 items only; the rest will available to view via online bidding partner, iCollector. The sale features key pieces from the Back To The Future franchise, and Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, and Lea Thompson will be guests at the convention.
Details and links can be found at www.ScreenUsed.com:
Below is the official press release for this sale:
ScreenUsed Live On-Line Movie and Television Memorabilia Auction Slated for March 19-20, 2016
San Jose, California – March 2, 2016 – ScreenUsed, co-owned by Desi DosSantos and Jeff Castillo, have announced today their company will hold their Spring auction on Saturday and Sunday, March 19th and 20th, 2016 at 8am Pacific Time.
For the past few auctions we have two completion days instead of one. As we gain more consignors, the quantity of lots for each auction is getting higher. Our goal has been to keep the live online auction to one day – it’s just no fun attending an auction that goes on for many days. So here is how it works:
– The auction will be two days – Saturday March 19th and Sunday March 20th.
– We will split the auction items over those two days, and run the first day completely automated.
– The second day will run like we usually do with a manually run auction going from lot to lot closing each one as bids are done. This particular second day will be held live at the Silicon Valley Comic Con.
– As always, all items for both days have about 3 weeks of bidding online, up until the two closing days on Saturday, March 19th and Sunday, March 20th.
– We have created a PDF catalog for the second day only, however all items and several pictures for each item can be viewed on our ScreenUsed website or the iCollector website.
Day 1, Saturday March 19th
Completion of each lot will start at 8am Pacific time, and each lot will automatically end 1 minute apart. The auction will not allow sniping at the last second, so everyone has a fair chance to bid what they feel comfortable with. If an item receives a bid within the last 3 minutes, the end time will automatically be extended another 3 minutes. Each item displays the exact time it is scheduled to end, with each lot initially ending 1 minute apart.
Day 2, Sunday March 20th
Completion of each lot will start at 8am Pacific time, and we will run the process manually. As each lot has its last call and once there are no more bidders, we will drop the hammer and close the lot, moving to the next lot. We will continue this way until all lots are closed.
As usual, we have quite a variety of productions for this auction, with 500 items.
– Alien: Resurrection – Hatching Alien Egg
– Back To The Future – Doc’s Mind Reading Helmet
– Back To The Future – Marty McFly’s “Johnny B. Goode” Jacket (Michael J. Fox)
– Back To The Future – OUTATIME License Plate
– Back To The Future 2 – Griff’s Gang hoverboards
– Click – Light-Up Remote Control (Adam Sandler)
– Elysium – Max’s HULC Suit & ChemRail Gun (Matt Damon)
– Fantastic Voyage – Surgical Laser Gun
– Jumanji – Large Prop Spider
– Magnum, P.I. (TV) – Thomas Magnum’s “DA NANG” Hat (Tom Selleck)
– Matrix Reloaded, The – Neo’s Iconic Long Coat (Keanu Reeves)
– My Favorite Martian – Uncle Martin’s Miniature Space Ship (Christopher Lloyd)
– Serenity – Mal’s Pistol (Nathan Fillion)
– Spider-Man 3 – Spiderman’s Boots (Tobey Maguire)
– Star Trek: The Original Series (TV) – Captain James T. Kirk’s Starfleet Pants (William Shatner)
– Starship Troopers – Live Firing Morita Rifle (Jake Busey)
– Tales from the Crypt Presents: Demon Knight – Ancient Demon Key & Case
– Underworld – Selene’s Live Fire Beretta Pistols
– Westworld – Robot Gunslinger’s Hat (Yul Brynner)
– X2: X-Men United – Wolverine’s Adamantium Claws (Hugh Jackman)
ScreenUsed was founded in 2003 by Desi DosSantos, a computer center automation specialist and Jeff Castillo, a quality, custom home craftsman & fabricator. What began as a hobby for the pair, blossomed into a company now world renown as an industry leader in the field of original Film & Television production memorabilia sales (props, costumes, miniatures, special make-up effects artifacts, production artwork, rare documents, etc.). With a combined 34 years in the business of brokering historic Hollywood artifacts, ScreenUsed offers a wide range of special services to its clients, including research, preservation, exhibition, and to corporate clients specialized marketing, promotion & auction services. The company’s established international network of collectors and entertainment industry sources is highly regarded by the field, museums and the media.
Desi DosSantos, Co-Owner