Following up on their recent Back To The Future two-day auction event, ScreenUsed is expanding their quarterly live auction to a two-day format as well, with Day 1 being “completely automated” over iCollector (with time added onto each item if bids are made in the final minutes) and Day 2 being run manually, lot to lot. There is a PDF catalog for Day 2 only, and all lots for both days are listed with online bidding partner, iCollector. Day 1 has 363 lots and Day 2 has 237 lots (600 total); Day 2 features the higher end selection of items for this Fall auction. As usual with their auctions, there are no reserves or estimates, with the starting price taking it if there is only one bid,
Details and links can be found at www.ScreenUsed.com:
Below is the official press release for this sale:
ScreenUsed Live On-Line Movie and Television Memorabilia Auction Slated for Nov 20-21, 2015
San Jose, California – November 4, 2015 – ScreenUsed, co-owned by Desi DosSantos and Jeff Castillo, have announced today their company will hold their Fall auction on Friday and Saturday, November 20th and 21st, 2015 at 10am Pacific Time.
For our first time, the auction will run for two days instead of one. Our goal has been to keep the live online auction to one day – it’s just no fun attending an auction that goes on for many days. Here is how the two day auction will run:
Day 1, Friday Nov 20th
Completion of each lot will start at 10am Pacific time, and each lot will automatically end 1 minute apart. The auction will not allow sniping at the last second, so everyone has a fair chance to bid what they feel comfortable with. If an item receives a bid within the last 3 minutes, the end time will automatically be extended another 3 minutes. Each item displays the exact time it is scheduled to end, with each lot initially ending 1 minute apart.
Day 2, Saturday Nov 21st
Completion of each lot will start at 10am Pacific time, and we will run the process manually. As each lot has its last call and once there are no more bidders, we will drop the hammer and close the lot, moving to the next lot. We will continue this way until all lots are closed.
As always, all items for both days have about 3 weeks of bidding online, starting today, up until the two closing days on Friday, November 20th and Saturday, November 21st. We have created a PDF catalog for the second day only. However, all items and several pictures for each item can be viewed on our ScreenUsed website or the iCollector website. There are no reserves on our lots so all bids count.
As usual, we have quite a variety of productions for this auction, with 600 items.
– Back To The Future 2 – DeLorean Barcode License Plate
– Battlestar Galactica (2004) (TV) – Male Raptor FlightSuit
– Dark Knight Rises, The – Tumbler Wing
– Elysium – Max’s HULC Suit & ChemRail Gun (Matt Damon)
– How the Grinch Stole Christmas – Grinch’s ‘Stunt’ Santa Costume
– Public Enemies – John Dillinger’s Sunglasses (Johnny Depp)
– Saw 3D: The Final Chapter – Hero Billy Puppet
– Sleepy Hollow – Headless Horseman’s Sword
– Spider-Man 3 – Spiderman’s Boots (Tobey Maguire)
– Star Trek: Enterprise (TV) – Captain Jonathan Archer’s Distressed Starlet Uniform (Scott Bakula)
– Star Trek: Voyager (TV) – B’Elanna Torres Hero Borg Costume (Roxann Dawson)
– Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope – Death Star Section
– Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope – Luke Skywalker’s LandSpeeder
– Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope – R2-D2
– Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back – Yoda Head
– Top Gun – Hollywood’s Flight Suit (Whip Hubley)
– X-Men – Wolverine’s X-Men Gloves (Hugh Jackman)
ScreenUsed was founded in 2003 by Desi DosSantos, a computer center automation specialist and Jeff Castillo, a quality, custom home craftsman & fabricator. What began as a hobby for the pair, blossomed into a company now world renown as an industry leader in the field of original Film & Television production memorabilia sales (props, costumes, miniatures, special make-up effects artifacts, production artwork, rare documents, etc.). With a combined 34 years in the business of brokering historic Hollywood artifacts, ScreenUsed offers a wide range of special services to its clients, including research, preservation, exhibition, and to corporate clients specialized marketing, promotion & auction services. The company’s established international network of collectors and entertainment industry sources is highly regarded by the field, museums and the media.
Desi DosSantos, Co-Owner