Per an article on Straight.com (see “David Duchovny, Gabrielle Miller, Matthew Good, and other stars lend helping hand to Babz Chula“) and babzchulasociety.org, many in the entertainment industry have donated events and items to raise funds for Vancouver actor Babz Chula to help her pay for medical bills related to her fight with cancer.
The full list of items to be auctioned on eBay from April 2 – April 12 will be posted on the site shortly, but is reported to include the following:
Dinners to be auctioned off include:
- David Duchovny (Californication, X-Files) and Nicholas Lea (X-Files, Men in Trees)
- Chris Carter (X-Files)
- Callum Keith Rennie (X-Files movie, Battlestar Galactica)
- Peter DeLuise (Stargate SG-1)
- Paul Adelstein (Prison Break, Private Practice) and Suleka Mathew (Men In Trees, Touch of Pink)
- Gabrielle Miller (Corner Gas, Robson Arms) and John Cassini (Intelligence, Robson Arms)
- Paul McGillian and Jewel Staite (Stargate Atlantis)
- Matthew Good (musician)
- Tahmoh Penikett and Kandyse McClure (Battlestar Galactica)
TV and movie memorabilia includes:
- A limited edition slate from the new X Files movie signed by David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. Donated by Chris Carter.
- Two X-Files jacket belonging to and donated by Nicholas Lea.
- A one-of-a kind collector’s item Corner Gas gift basket, which includes: a limited edition ESQ Swiss ladies watch designed exclusively for the Corner Gas crew that will not be available in stores, a picture of the entire cast autographed by the entire cast, Seasons 1 to 4 DVDs, and a gas pump shaped Corner Gas bottle among other items.
- Signed scripts from X-Files.
- Original shooting scripts for:
- Atlantic City, directed by Louis Malle, written by New York playwright John Guare, and starring Burt Lancaster and Susan Sarandon.
- Quest for Fire, directed by Jean-Jacques Arnaud, written by J.H. Rosny Sr. and Gérard Brach, and starring Everett McGill and Ron Perlman.
- Quintet, directed by Robert Altman, written by Robert Altman, Frank Barhydt, and Patricia Resnick, and starring Paul Newman. It is an extremely rare copy as it was never published.
Welcome to the The Babz Chula Lifeline for Artists Society website.
We are a non-profit society that was created by a group of high-profile Canadian actors who joined forces to raise money to help pay for our dear friend’s mounting medical bills.
Babz Chula is regarded as one of Canada’s most accomplished actors and a veritable life force in Vancouver’s independent film community. She is a generous mentor to young artists and a tireless volunteer to countless charity causes.
A cancer survivor for many years, recently, Babz learned that her cancer has recurred. Once again, she’s fighting for her life, undergoing both traditional and naturopathic treatments, the latter of which is not covered by medical insurance.
Please show your support by donating or bidding on an upcoming auction on eBay.
Jason De Bord